SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to do a little experimenting with adapting the Onstar buttons to control my CK3000 Evo HF kit. I was suprised how little modification was needed. I removed the circuit card from the Evo controller and inserted it into the onstar button panel. I removed the onstar circuit card and did a little carving with a dremel tool. I was amazed on how well it fit. I had to extend the shaft for the rotary controller. It works perfect!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
AWESOME! So does your bluetooth pause your music and have caller ID?
Can you use the car microphone and hear through the speakers?
Can you use the keypad on the stereo?
Do you have any DIY or pics?

Thanks, this is my next project that I am going to do on my car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bluetooth kit does mute the music and play thru the speakers, it works no different than any other Parrot installation, I just basically changed the casing for the control pad. No stereo keypad control. I used the supplied mic as I didnt want to mess with the wiring and my car does not have the 375 connector. I have a few pics that I can post tonight or tomorrow, but it was late and I kept forgetting to stop and take pics. Relize that you are risking ruining the control pad by trying this. You do have to be careful of the wire from the Evo circuit card as the solder joints looked fragile and were not ment to be handled. The card is held in the onstar button case with epoxy, so time will tell how well it holds up.

·
Registered
353 Posts
nice install - would love to see any other pics you have of the job. where'd you pick up the parrot from?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice Install

I had been thinking of doing the same installation, but without the OnStar button modification. I planned to just velcro the Parrot control on top of the OnStar buttons. But your installation is much nicer. Did you take any photos of your circuit card modification and installation? If so, I'd love to see them. In any case, thanks for sharing your idea. I'll give it a shot after I remove my OnStar and install a MOST loop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts