SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've just installed my boost gauge and i'm only getting 6-7psi
when i install a MBC i can get more but it's not stable sometimes it's 10-12psi and sometimes 15psi and sometimes it goes so far that the engine cut out(21psi+) i just want the factory setting of 15.5psi
pls help

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Have you checked the APC valve on the top of the radiator? Is it connected? You're at base boost all the time which is the problem, it's not a low boost problem as such, you're just stuck at base! :)

David.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the APC looks connected all the vacum hoses loook good i've read you can bypass the APC with a MBC i'll try to do that

·
Banned
637 Posts
Uhhhh.. where on the Dash Boost gauge did the Pointer get to BEFORE the new boost gauge? 6/8 psi is bottom to middle of Yellow.. coupled with Huyndai Pony Accelerations. Tough to miss :)
So is this a problem initiated with the Gauge install, or a pre existing one?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basre said:
Uhhhh.. where on the Dash Boost gauge did the Pointer get to BEFORE the new boost gauge? 6/8 psi is bottom to middle of Yellow.. coupled with Huyndai Pony Accelerations. Tough to miss :)
So is this a problem initiated with the Gauge install, or a pre existing one?

the problem was there when i bought the car i just never knew how much boost there was untill i installed the aftermarket boost gauge and now i know

but i bypassed the APC with a MBC and know i'm running 14-16psi so it's all good
i guess it's a bad APC
thanks matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts