SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on buying a 1993 saab 900 trubo convertible (yes i dont own one yet, sadly ;oops: ) and want to service it myself. is there an online service manual available for download? at all? im really not interested in paying 60 bucks for it (60 BUCKS FOR A SERVICE MANUAL?! :evil: ) and prefer to use the computer. ill post back with pics sometime when i find the car and get it. anything i might need to know about the convertibles would be great. ;)

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
No there is no service manual you can download. There is a lot of useful information on a number of sites, some of which is duplicated from manuals, but nothing as comprehensive. If you intend to work on the car yourself, or even if you don't but need to be a bit more informed before you go to a mechanic, buy a manual. My £35 Bentley showed me how to fix a sunroof I'd been quoted £400+ to fix by a Saab garage in the first week I owned it.

Welcome to Saab Central :cool:

·
Registered
5,464 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm

well the scans look they might be worth looking at. the bentley manual is the red one right? im really interested in that one as it looks extremely helpful. i just plan to use the manual to service the car myself. saab is far too expensive here in the us and i really dont plan to drive all the way up to boston to have my relative do it for me. hah im probably gonna get the car up there anyway. thats where my friend got their 9-5 (i LOVE that car; completely jealous).

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bentley

i read a friends manual for the 900 once. i believe it was a bentley manual and LOVED the quality. i read the part referring to replacing the convertible top :lol: lets hope i dont have to do that..... top restoration perhaps -coughs- if i have a torn top. lets all pray and hope...

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rubbish eh?

ha well then. ill get the bentley manual when i buy the car. for now ill settle for that scanned one and read it. who knows what i could find out about the car before buying it. i hoestly cant wait to get a saab. my friends 9-5 is a dream. the throttle and brake are so much more forgiving than the chevy lumina that i got landed with ;oops:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aw look it's my first post...three years later! :lol: i just remembered this. odd how i got a car that's three years newer. :roll: how things change with time.

just a way to amuse myself and maybe others that replied to this back then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts