SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Tonight, I replaced the dash speakers on my '04 arc with s35's...

I turned on the car and definitely noticed an improvement, but when I moved over to the passanger side, I realized that barely any sound was coming out of the front right dash. If I put my ear up to the speaker I can kind of hear it, but that's about it.

To make sure the speaker wasn't damaged, I hooked it up to my home stereo and it worked just fine.

One thing I thought was strange is that the "fasten seatbelt" warning chimes when you first start up the car played at full volume through both the right and left front dash speakers...even during the "loud" seatbelt chimes the CD audio from the right dash was very quiet.

I double checked to make sure I didn't reverse the polarity also. When I turn up the volume, it seems like the right dash increases in volume but it is still difficult to hear unless I get really close to it (inches).

So my question: What could make this single speaker be playing so quietly?

...unfortunately I never had noticed whether or not the factory right dash speaker was working. (Just bought it used a few weeks ago)

I really appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,429 Posts
Pull out volume knob and move left to right. See if that helps and report back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm so ashamed i didn't notice the balance pull out button...

I figured since none of the other EQ knobs pulled out, then neither would any of the others.

On the bright side, it's nice to figure this out now rather than at the dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts