SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this cool Bluetooth kit and thought I'd share.
It's simply clamped on the steering wheel.

The specifications are in German, so I attempted a translation. German-speaking members here might want to polish up the text.
Here they are:

- Bluetooth-Plug & Play handsfree kit, easy to attach on steering wheel
- LED display: incoming/outgoing calls, caller ID
- Microphone & speaker ideally positioned
- Colour: black
- Integrated microphone, speaker and volume controls
- Optimised DSP technology
- Integrated rechargeable battery
- Full Duplex
- Car charger (12 V)
Technical data:
- Standby: 100 h
- Talk time: 5 h

More info can be found here:

http://www.gadget-paradise.com/0023/hama/automotive/bluetooth-hands-free-wheel/ (English)
http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*152037/action*2563 (German)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Looks neat. However I feel that is not a good position to have something like that. It would interfere with steering and hand positions on the wheel.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
epsilon93 said:
It would interfere with steering and hand positions on the wheel.
Yes, I thought about that as well. Many drivers, myself included, are used to holding onto the wheel with their hand at "12:00 position", right where this kit is attached.

Anyway, it costs 149 euros. Not sure if it's available in the US though. Not yet at least.
Just found a URL in English: http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*152037/action*2563

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
epsilon93 said:
Wouldn't work either.... what if you are making a U-turn or parking?

I have this.
Why would you be on the phone making a U turn or parking.....no steering wheel control for anything would be practical in that situation...stereo controls, sentronic paddles etc.:roll:

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
3rd stone from the sun said:
Yes, I thought about that as well. Many drivers, myself included, are used to holding onto the wheel with their hand at "12:00 position", right where this kit is attached.
Actually, I think if a survey were taken, most drivers would respond using the Ten and Two o'clock positions for optimum control.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
JonV said:
Why would you be on the phone making a U turn or parking.....no steering wheel control for anything would be practical in that situation...stereo controls, sentronic paddles etc.:roll:
I meant that it would still interfere with your hands on the steering wheel regardless of whether you are making a call with it or trying to read the display upside down. What if you are taking a call and you had to make a turn or something and accidentally hit one of the buttons to end the call while trying to grab the wheel at that position somehow. I just don't think it would work. Same goes with some of those Pioneer stereo remotes that clips onto your steering wheel. Best is still something that integrates into your steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
615 Posts
epsilon93 said:
Wouldn't work either.... what if you are making a U-turn or parking?

I have this.
I was looking at that unit online. How do you like it ?
Any photos ?

P.S. I wonder if anyone has tracked down the steering-wheel phone control wiring. I would mind putting in some extra time to divert the cables to the aftermarket BT kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts