SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have 2 random Saab questions. The first one: On my '99 9-5 Wagon, why are there 2 bulbs in my fog lamps? I know the one bulb is the fog lamp bulb, but what is the second one for? Is it supposed to be clear or amber ? And for the other random question: I have worked on a couple Saabs, and they all had this. What is the little tab, with two threaded holes, on the throttle body side of the valve cover for? Just curious.

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
The second bulb in the fog light is a cornering light. It's a clear bulb that lights up steady when you turn your blinker on. They were only on 1999 and 2000 models. The two threaded holes on the back of the valve cover were for attaching a bracket that supported the oil filler tube on T5 engines.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The second bulb in the fog light is a cornering light. It's a clear bulb that lights up steady when you turn your blinker on. They were only on 1999 and 2000 models. The two threaded holes on the back of the valve cover were for attaching a bracket that supported the oil filler tube on T5 engines.
Awesome, thanks Jeremy, and now I know :) Ill have to look for another fog lamp, the one on the right is gone. I have a spare but it doesn't have the dual light. I can trade someone if you know anyone looking :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts