SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Hope someone can help me. I have a Saab 95 2.0 Year 2000. I'm having problems with no oil getting to the top of my engine, the oil light is on with a warning, I've checked my oil and there is plenty in it
Do not know if its my pump or there is some kind of blockage. I changed the oil less than a 1000 miles ago with good oil and did an engine flush. When I start it up its making a lot of noise.
Cheers.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
This sounds like sludge has blocked the oil sump pickup. Do you know the history of the car? Has the PCV system been updated, or the oil pan dropped to clean out the sludge? If not, the first thing to do is to drop the oil pan and see what's what.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
This sounds like sludge has blocked the oil sump pickup. Do you know the history of the car? Has the PCV system been updated, or the oil pan dropped to clean out the sludge? If not, the first thing to do is to drop the oil pan and see what's what.
Is sludge an issue on the 2.0 in the U.K.?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. thank you for the info. I will try that and see if that helps. Thanks for taking the time to help. cheers.

·
Registered
2005 9-5 Aero Wagon
276 Posts
Yes likely a sludged up oil pickup triggered by new oil detergents loosening up old deposits.

Sludge was an ongoing issue in the nineties and aughts in Europe, both for 2.0 and 2.3; the recommendation prior to the pcv fix was use best oils and shorter change intervals.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Is sludge an issue on the 2.0 in the U.K.?
It was an early years T7 problem. Assuming the OP's car is a T7 (black DIC, oil filler offset to the driver's side) then it's a T7, and almost by definition an early T7.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts