SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil warning light and danger signal come on when cornering. It didn't do it when it was idling or driving straight until this morning when it was really cold, but after it warmed up, it only did it when cornering. Im thinking that it may be a sludge build up, and that the oil pickup screen is clogged, and when the oil is still and viscous before it is warmed up, it has more trouble getting through the screen. The engine also clicks as a function of RPM, but it doesnt sound like a knocking. I'm planning on dropping the oil pan this weekend, cleaning out any sludge, and replacing the pickup screen/tube. I'm driving a 2002 9-3 SE with 150k. Does this seem like the right diagnosis?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Much better is an oil pressure gage in conjunction with a computer. Now, it may be too late
click
click....
Do check your oil level and use a quality synthetic 0-40 spec.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Might sound too simple. But I didn't see in the post if you had oil on your dipstick. It sounds like you are simply low on oil. If the clicking/ticking is coming from the top if the motor it is likely just an unlubed valve. That will happen when the oil is low. I have to add a court or two to my B235R every 3k miles to make it to my 5k oil change. And if I let it get to where I can hear the ticking, a sharp turn will set off the "omg you are out of oil" alarm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.