SaabCentral Forums banner
401 - 411 of 411 Posts
I have an 07 9-3 turbo. The warning has become very intermittent, so I suspected the sensor. I had My mechanic (not a Saab one, hard to find one nowadays) check the oil pressure with the warning on and off. Everything checks out good.
Now to figure out where the oil pressure sensor is and can I change it myself like the fuel pressure sensor.?
On another note , where is the fuel filter located and can I do it myself?
You need the 9-3 SS group. We end in MY 02/03.

I'm just about to change my oil and was wondering if I should do the oil pan drop also. Previous owner took good care of the car, but I bought it around 128k miles, now it's 136k. Is dropping an oil pan a standard procedure done during 30k/60k/90k checks?
And how much time does it take to drop, clean, and put back?
And do I need to buy a seal, or some kind of sealant in small tube?

I'm just about to change my oil and was wondering if I should do the oil pan drop also. Previous owner took good care of the car, but I bought it around 128k miles, now it's 136k. Is dropping an oil pan a standard procedure done during 30k/60k/90k checks?
And how much time does it take to drop, clean, and put back?
And do I need to buy a seal, or some kind of sealant in small tube?
Unless they used dyno oil and never changed it then you are fine. The Ecotec is not prone to sludge like the older engines. I think i have only seen one and it was abused.

Always used rotella t6 either 0w40 for the 07 95 and 06 aero Combi. Or 5w40 in my viggen.

I do my own oil changes. Go to about 7-8k kilometres before changing. I either use the wix or Bosch filters.

I can't complain with rotella as its never given me problems at -30 or + 30degrees Celsius.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Always used rotella t6 either 0w40 for the 07 95 and 06 aero Combi. Or 5w40 in my viggen.

I do my own oil changes. Go to about 7-8k kilometres before changing. I either use the wix or Bosch filters.

I can't complain with rotella as its never given me problems at -30 or + 30degrees Celsius.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Enzo: Is the T6 0W-40 available in 4 or 5 quart packaging in Canada where yo are? I only see it down here in the USA in 5 gallon pails or 55 gallon drums.

Use it.

Why not? Younger than your car and never exposed to the heat and wear of use.

not sure if this has been asked yet, but does transmission oil expire? I have an opened jug from 5-10 years ago.
Oils, including transmission fluids and gear oils, have recommended shelf lives. Many engine oils and transmission fluids have shelf lives ranging from 3-5 years and gear oils generally have 3 year shelf lives. Look online for the product data sheet of the fluid you are considering, as the manufacturer recommended shelf life is often specified therein.

Random Examples:
Total
Mobil
Havoline® Multi-Vehicle ATF

General discussion of bulk lubricant storage and the primary variables affecting such.

401 - 411 of 411 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.