SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ummmm - in short, :roll: yes....;)

I only learned that when I once (about 18 years ago) forgot to put the oil cap back on and started the engine ;oops:.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Well, thats kind of hard to say. I know that if the oil fill was mounted on the valve cover like a Volvo or Nissan, I'd say yeah, kinda (more like an oil mist coming out mixed with a few drops here and there). But with Saabs, well at least the my C900 and NG900, having the oil filler cap nearly kills the engine. Never have I had oil gush out (nor any oil come out some to think of it). Its physically harder for the oil to get out when compared to a valve cover mounted filler in that with the Saabs the filler tube is about 1 ft long and narrow. Something just doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what Im thinking, scary, I have a aftermarket valve cover breather on, maybe thats it. Im thinking maybe piston blowbi. There was allot of oil, maybe half a liter of mobil 1 synthetic liberally coating the entire engine bay.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Canadian_900Turbo said:
There was allot of oil, maybe half a liter of mobil 1 synthetic liberally coating the entire engine bay.
Over how much time did it take to develop this coating in the engine bay?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts