SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been a while since I've posted on the forums as my car has actually behaved itself for a while :suprised; but I wanted to run this past the members. On cold start the engine runs a bit ruff for a couple of seconds. It's like all the cylinders are not catching on their first time around. I have new spark plugs ready to go in and a new DIC to go on as well so I hope this will take care of that.

What I am wondering is for the first time I have quite even oil seepage marks on the tappet cover. It is consistent around the entire cover so just wanted to see if anyone had this in the past? Probably sludge paranoia kicking in but interested in your feedback. as always, thanks heaps!

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Just loose cam cover bolts or a gasket that's seen better days, not a sludge problem.

·
Registered
312 Posts
1. get new gasket (one big and one small...its a set a think)
2 get some "gasketglue" I think thats what it is named ( it keeps the gasket in place when u are ready to mount the camcover,)
3 take off the cam cover... clean it . use an air compressor and some wire to clean out those air pipes in the cam cover (there are two of them) use a flexible pipe ore a fuel hose ore somthing like that between the air compressor and the pipe to get air preasue into those pipes...mine was full of crap. then use the wire to be sure that they are open and clean)
4. use gasket glue and place the new gasket(s) in the cam cover
5 mount the camcover and torx up the camcover bolts)
ALL DONE

If those pipes in the camcover are full of crap it can build up exessive preassure making the gasket to leak oil . (saab wis also says that thoes pipes can be the cause of ocasionally blue smoke from the exhaust on start ups.)

good luck.( Hope you understand my crappy English)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
saab95lpt2l said:
good luck.( Hope you understand my crappy English)
hehe your english is perfectly fine! Thanks both of you for your feedback. I hope to do the sparks and DIC this weekend so I'll check the tightness of the bolts while I'm at it. If they are OK it'll be a new gasket set and a clean up. Time to buy a troque wrench huh

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, just got done with the DI and spark plugs and gave the cam cover bolts a tighten. some of them were more or less finger tight only! I'll give it a clean and see if it continues to leak. Thanks all.

·
Registered
312 Posts
after cleaning and gasket change...my leakage stopped and have not come back.If u desid to buy torq wrench and have the cam cover off I will recommend you to retorq the headbolts to. its an easy job...15-20minutes top...and that is when u have not done it before and really dont know how to do it. do a search on headbolts retorq ore simular.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts