SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just got done replacing the CPS in my new to me '01 9-5 lpt, with 5-speed. When geting some of the intake pipes and such out of the way for the crank position sensor replacement I noticed a oil film on the inside of the intake pipes from the intercooler to the TB,and the boost bypass valve, etc. The car does not smoke even though it has 213k on the clock. Is this a indication of the compressor side oil leak?:roll:

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
It won't smoke after a longer, hot run. The cat stays hot enough to burn off the weeping oil. How is the oil consumption?

·
Registered
7,969 Posts
most likely seeping seals in the turbo.

I had one that I and a subsequent owner drove for 2+ years after mine started smoking at startup. he crashed it so never got around to doing the turbo.

That said, my son's failed catastrophically and the turbine shaft broke and there really was no sign of issues before it died.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah mine does this too... i've been told that it's normal blow-by and that I shouldn't worry about it... but it just doesn't seem right.

No smoking hot or cold

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Are you talking about the hose that attaches to the charge air tube? If so remove the that bottom hose and you may find a 1/4 cup of oil in the hose; clean it out and reinstall the hose; residual oil will collect in that hose (normal) this is why some folks get oil residue around the TB the charge air forces the oil up.

Ok, just got done replacing the CPS in my new to me '01 9-5 lpt, with 5-speed. When geting some of the intake pipes and such out of the way for the crank position sensor replacement I noticed a oil film on the inside of the intake pipes from the intercooler to the TB,and the boost bypass valve, etc. The car does not smoke even though it has 213k on the clock. Is this a indication of the compressor side oil leak?:roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts