SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oil leak which a dealer said is the oil pressure switch. It seems the "seal" is shot on it. I understand the switch is small and should be easy to replace.

Has anyone had to replace an Oil Pressure Switch? If so any idea where to get one and approximately how much it is? Do you know of a diagram which will show me where it is on the engine? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Here you go, its on the rear right hand side of the block. Looks like you may need to access from below....good news is its a cheap part, UK price is £4.61!!!:cool:

G

·
Oil Pressure switch removal.

1/ the switch is screwed into the rear of the cylinder block, beneath the inlet manifild and behind the starter motor. Jack up the car and put it on stands.

2/ trace the wiring back from the switch and disconnect the electrical block connector.

3/ unscrew switch from the cylinder block, you might get a little oil come out.

Re-fitting is a reverse of this procedure. Took me aboout half an hour in all, I didnt need to remove the starter motor but it was awkward. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kermit, what program is that you are using to obtain the parts breakdown? Seems like something we should all have.

G

·
Saabhob said:
Is it available to the general public? Thanks
You see them on eBay all the time. But these are pirate copies and Saab Central does not and will not endorse the use of pirate software as it is illegal.. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts