SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to install an oil pressure gauge... can you just "T" off the location where the current sender is? Is there space there for a T and another sender?

Also, is the OG 9-3 NPT thread or metric?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
If you want to install an oil pressure gauge... can you just "T" off the location where the current sender is? Is there space there for a T and another sender?

Also, is the OG 9-3 NPT thread or metric?
I did this very recently Bob , It is tight but can be done , You may find it easier if you disconnect the housing tube for the dip stick . I had the gauge sender angled up to the direction of the starter and the warning light in the end of the Tee piece I used .
the T was a hexagon tube with 2 tapped females , one in one of the hex flats and one in the end . It was a piece I had used previously in a 900 , I never needed to tap but I do believe its NPT

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I did this very recently Bob , It is tight but can be done , You may find it easier if you disconnect the housing tube for the dip stick . I had the gauge sender angled up to the direction of the starter and the warning light in the end of the Tee piece I used .
the T was a hexagon tube with 2 tapped females , one in one of the hex flats and one in the end . It was a piece I had used previously in a 900 , I never needed to tap but I do believe its NPT
BOB , this was on a B204 (t5) howvere on the B205 the stock position for the sender moved and it is closer to the Flywheel end , Not sure if you would fit a Tee , I doubt you have the space , its in behind the starter . Not sure what engine you are wanting to do this too , I think others have hooked into the oil circuit at the Turbo feed pipe off the oil pump . I assume they use double banjo bolts or similar .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts