SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sorry for the bad description. I replaced the single banjo bolt that feeds the turbo with a double banjo bolt and used an M14 banjo to an04 flare adapter to attach the flex line. I think I bought on fleabay as I could not find M14*1.5 thread double banjo bolt anywhere else. Mounted the turbo feed line against the block followed by the an04 flare to the braided line.

·
Registered
17,427 Posts
Ah, I see. Photo is a little small and doesn't want to zoom for me, so one more quesiton: Those are threads on the AN04 fitting, right? And you just hooked up the braided line to there with the new sensor in the end of it?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah, the blue fitting adapts from 14M banjo to threaded flare connector - I think mine was AN04 flare but it may have been AN06. The size you need will depend on the braided hose you are using. My hose came with a couple of adapters to fit different size flare and other fittings.

The double banjo slides through: outer crush washer, flare adapter, middle crush washer, OEM turbo feed line, inner washer and then threads into the housing/block. I've also used banjo bolts that have a female threaded hole through the banjo bot's head - but given the tight space in the area the double banjo allows you to easily change the angle of the exiting hoses. Now that I think about spacing, I am not sure if I had the flare adapter on the inner or outer section of the bankjo bolt - but you'll figure out what works best.

Anyways, I really like the banjo solution over the pancake adapter. Maybe I was too cheap to buy the best quality pancake adapter, but the ones I used both resulted in the entie filer housing area being permanently damp, oily, and grimey whereas the banjo adapters are tight and dry.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts