SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pulled my oil pickup tube free from the o ring, it seemed like I smashed up a black plastic piece, shards of which I then found between the screen and the sort of lower shroud of the screen. I can't find an image of the bottom of 2005-2011 oil pickup tube. Is there a plastic piece on it anywhere?

Thanks for any info. 2005 Saab 9-3 linear, USA.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I didnt fully understand ur explanation , but no plastic with the dipstick beside the fuel injector harness that attach to it.
where did u find the pieces and do u have a photo of these !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I mean the oil pickup tube in the oil pan. Might also be called oil sump tube or similar idea. Here is a link. Looks like this part is not sold separately anymore, so I hope I didn't break it?.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was pulling it free from the o ring, it popped free, and these pieces went flying. Probably hard to see what they are, but has anyone ever seen something like that in the oil pan?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Seen a lot of plastic in the oil pan, never seen that one before though. It looks fairly big so I would think it would have to come from timing area? but it doesnt look like a timing part. try puting it together like a jigsaw and might be more obvious.

·
Registered
283 Posts
This pic is one of the timing guides, maybe its part of that.
I found some timing guide bits in my sump after buying my saab, but It wasnt missing any bits from the timing, so maybe they must have dropped there when the timing was done?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agree, that's what they are from. I'm changing the valve cover gasket, maybe I can inspect enough of the chain to see if there's anything wrong with the current guides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts