SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 9-3 Aero, 5-speed Automatic, B207R
172 Posts
What's the question? Removing the oil sump (pan) took me about half a day to do the first time. You need to lift the passenger side of the engine to remove it - I used about a 1.5 inch thick steel bar under the engine mount to lift it.
Use row52.com to search for cars in local parts yards if you need to find a donor vehicle.
I've seen a few timing chain tensioner kits on RockAuto, but I have not done that job on a Saab yet.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
What's the question? Removing the oil sump (pan) took me about half a day to do the first time. You need to lift the passenger side of the engine to remove it - I used about a 1.5 inch thick steel bar under the engine mount to lift it.
Use row52.com to search for cars in local parts yards if you need to find a donor vehicle.
I've seen a few timing chain tensioner kits on RockAuto, but I have not done that job on a Saab yet.
Avoid the Rock Auto Timing chain kits... They are of Too crap quality to use. Really!
I foolishly bought one and had to return it (wasn't free to do so either)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No thats not the question but it does bring me to another.. the original was i hit a bunch of rocks on the way out of work also known as (the tracking pad) I busted my oil pan so I was forced to leave it there for a couple days well eventually I got her home took off the oil pan and found that I have a broken chain guide my question is how hard is it to replace it and the new question is Can I just take them off of another car or do they have beto be brand new?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts