SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well my oil pressure switch has been leaking onto the exhaust for some time now. I dropped the sump and it was clean as it left the factory, not a drop of sludge in the motor. Finally changed it and my oil last night, I have an oil pressure gauge, and has always been working fine. After changing the switch and oil, everything seemed good, took it up and down the road a couple of times, and kept driving for about 10-15mins. Car is now fully warm I take a left hand turn to pull into my driveway and halfway into the driveway the oil light pops on but very faint and starts to fade and chimes. I shut the car down immediately, check for leaks and find none, restart and the oil light has a mind of its own at idle and chimes randomly, oil pressure gauge reads on the money. I move my car park it, shut it down and restart a couple of times, but all the same, oil light flickers but pressure is fine, and light completely goes away as soon as I touch the throttle. I let the car sit for the night, wake up early today start it up let it completely warm up, and drove for about 20 mins, fast and slow. Not a single flicker, get some food, go to the bank, not a single flicker....pull into my driveway the same way as last night, and the light flickers but no chime then goes away. If i simply turn the wheel at idle it flickers on sometimes, it seems like my driveway is starting the oil light flicker??? I have also noticed before changing the switch when I turn the wheel back and forth at idle the interior/headlights dim somewhat. Ive read that some people had problems with the FAE switch from Eeuroparts, maybe some oil got on the threads when I was installing it? Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? Everything was tight and clean upon installation, and as I said before, this IS NOT a sludge problem.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
If your pressure is on the money I would suspect a bad switch. As for the lights dimming maybe when the wheel is turned it drops the revs enough to affect the output from the alternator. Possibly the voltage regulator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts