SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9-5 2001 V6 has a nasty oil leak. It’s located near the ignition coils and runs down under my cars. It’s all over the oil pan and the transmission and is just a mess. There’s also a bit of oil that’s in my throttle body.( I checked and it’s running around). I thought maybe it would be my turbo seals. Anyone know the location or fix?

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
A few things. Does the V6 throttle body have a gasket? It could be that the gasket is just worn out. Oil by the coils, near as in where they actually are? Could be the valve cover gasket is worn out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few things. Does the V6 throttle body have a gasket? It could be that the gasket is just worn out. Oil by the coils, near as in where they actually are? Could be the valve cover gasket is worn out.
Well my car burns oil too. Like if I sit for awhile it will pile up. Also I changed the spark plugs and looking at the car from the front, the back left piston had oil in it.

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
Well my car burns oil too. Like if I sit for awhile it will pile up. Also I changed the spark plugs and looking at the car from the front, the back left piston had oil in it.
Valve cover gasket and spark plug gasket time. As for burning oil, you mean you have blue exhaust coming out of the tail pipe?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Valve cover gasket and spark plug gasket time. As for burning oil, you mean you have blue exhaust coming out of the tail pipe?
Yes out of the exhaust and smoke comes out of my oil cap. Any forums for those two gaskets to help me out?

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
According to Eeuroparts.com this is what you'll need.
You need 2 of these (always replace in pairs). Elring is the OEM on the 4 Cyl 9-5, most likely was for the V6 as well.
You may also need to replace these as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts