SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I have a slight leak between the head and the block right near the timing chain tensioner. It's not leaking from the tensioner, I'm just using that as reference for where the leak is.

I also seem to have a leak from the valve cover. The same gasket that I changed about 20k miles ago.

I'm planning to re-torque the head bolts for head-block leak. I guess I'll have to replace the valve gasket (again) for that leak.

Any ideas as to why a new gasket would leak? Did I possibly install it wrong? It was a scan-tech part.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
It looks like I have a slight leak between the head and the block right near the timing chain tensioner. It's not leaking from the tensioner, I'm just using that as reference for where the leak is.

I also seem to have a leak from the valve cover. The same gasket that I changed about 20k miles ago.

I'm planning to re-torque the head bolts for head-block leak. I guess I'll have to replace the valve gasket (again) for that leak.

Any ideas as to why a new gasket would leak? Did I possibly install it wrong? I doubt it, maybe the screws were overtightened, a common problem... It was a scan-tech part.
They do not leak, they seep and weep, the basic design is not up to date.
Check the Hondas.
Also check your engine vent sys..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts