SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Other day noticed my 06 93 2.0T started marking its spot on driveway. Leak is not profuse but I'm afraid it is rear seal or at least oil pan, it is engine oil. The access hole for the torque converter is dry. Any ideas? Major pain to fix oil pan gasket or just a few hours and cold ones?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures should work now. Any ideas?

Can't justify 2 days pulling engine and trans to fix rear main seal with 155k miles. Does this look like rear main seal leak? Top and side of engine are clean, I only see oil in the photos. Inside the access hole on bell housing it is dry which leads me to believe it is not the main seal. I redid the oil pan gasket but it was fine and with the oil pan removed I could not see where the leak might be coming from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Leak is the same after oil pan re-seal. Btw oil pan is not much fun to remove. Plan on several hours.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Are you sure it's not a mixture of power steering fluid and oil? A common problem is the rubber seal coming from the power steering pump fails, this allows oil to get into the powersteering fluid which can then overflow. This is a really cheap fix if it's the problem.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure it's not a mixture of power steering fluid and oil? A common problem is the rubber seal coming from the power steering pump fails, this allows oil to get into the powersteering fluid which can then overflow. This is a really cheap fix if it's the problem.
Thanks for the advice. I just triple checked the power steering pump area and it is dry. There is no leaked oil above the oil pan as it was before I resealed the pan. I just sanitized the whole area and will have a look later to see where it originates. I'm sure it is not the main seal but then again I was sure it was the oil pan. To make matters worse the only local Indy shop I trust just told me they no longer work on saabs. Saab tire in Birmingham, excellent shop... for my other cars I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts