SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, This seems as good a forum as the Alfa ones! Friendly people who want to help each other!

Have just bought an old SAAB 93 linear 1.8t 2004. (sedan/saloon)
Had to give it a big service, and the engine is running really nicely after this. very quiet and very smooth.

I have searched but not found a match to what I am seeing:

after the service - I've used the car twice - 15miles each way to and from work.
on the next morning i spotted a small oil patch on my drive.
**the patch is in front of the driver's side front wheel (UK driver's side) in front of the belts. It collects on what i would call the undertray and it slowly dripping to the ground from there. I cannot see oil anywhere else around the engine bay, or where it is coming from.

I used the car again for couple of chores and no oil under the car at both stops.
After coming home the oil patch has become a bit larger - but the level is still fine on the dipstick.

**the car was standing for a long time before I serviced it - was only taken on 2 test drives before this service. no fault codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had all filters replaced.
new oil.
new brake fluid.
new gearbox oil/transmission fluid.

coolant was only topped up.

*I have had the car up on a lift at my alfa(alfa romeo) indy as I trust the guy.

There was no leak in the area I've seen the pools of liquid.
there was one fresh drop of oil hanging off the rear bottom of the engine and looking up the back of the engine block with a torch we could see the back of the engine covered in oil! but it was all old and dry! nothing was wet anywhere beyond that one drop of oil that was hanging off the back bottom.

** I have since been using the car as my primary car. it is a minor leak from the radiator! I can see slight wetness on the top left (as you stand in front of the car looking into the engine bay.
and the leak has continued each time the car is used.
I have a bottle of coolant in the boot just in case but the level has not really changed after a week of use!

So I will have to google radweld now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.