SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I continue to have more oil in the intake than there should be. Oil is pooling in the pipes and leaking out onto the front crossmember at the clamps on the IC hoses and from there on the subframe and air shields...

I thought I had this beat when I replaced the second blown PCV valve and cleaned the intake and delivery pipes & hoses.

Compression test was ok, leak-down was respectable about 6 months ago, no visible smoke at the exhaust. Oil pickup screen has been cleaned. Rebuilt turbo was installed about 25k miles ago, and I hate to think it is leaking that much oil into the intake already...

Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
181 Posts
When you say oil is in your intake, do you mean the pre-turbo pipe, after the air box? the crank case breather runs into there and deposits oil. For some reason its possible it's just depositing alot....but if that was the case i think you would smell burning oil. Is the oil in line on the turbo on tightly and is the oil drain spigot correctly fastened? These could cause a major oil leak.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason why it is hard to find the source is the BPV, which opens from the delivery pipe to the turbo intake during shifts. I have oil throughout the intake system, both before and after the turbo compressor section.

Oil from the bottom of the engine or the sump area can get on the subframe and air shield, but not forward to the front crossmember. The oil line at the turbo was clean, but I will check that again to make sure, thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts