SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can pick up the copper washers on the oil drain plug?

I have changed my oil several times now with replacing the old washer and I am noticing that I am getting a little leakage. I knew this would happen but it is now time to get some new ones for my next changes.

I hate to go to the Saab dealership as I am sure the part is $10 bucks for a washer. If anyone knows the size or a cheap place to pick some up that would be great.

Thanks a bunch!!

G

·
Any auto parts store will probably sell these for $0.50 or so. I ordered mine online togehter with some other parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
fumoto drain valves!

Another option to the endless sump bolt issues, is to consider a fumoto oil drain valve. They are very well enginered, you can drain the sump much hotter, and the nozzle-less version has a similar diameter to the plug hole. You just fit it on (washer complete), and drain at the twist of a spring laden handle. check out 'fumoto.com'

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bonza

That's real neat solution.
Sarbowa, anyone tried to fit it to a saab yet and if so would it be nice and easy to operate.

Seems this would be a good buy considering the high freq of oil changes recomended for the saabs.

I new to my saab so I've limited experience on doing oil changes etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
silver02aero said:
Does anyone know where I can pick up the copper washers on the oil drain plug? I hate to go to the Saab dealership as I am sure the part is $10 bucks for a washer.
Actually, when I went to the dealer to get a bunch of different filters (air, oil, cabin) they gave me the washer with the oil filter. I think the filter + washer was around $8? More than at the auto parts store, but not too bad.

I have never had good luck reusing washers. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts