SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Arc Convert. almost $100 for synthetic change at dealer with lots of warantee item, they werent happy, real bad experience. I looked at dipstick oil it was DARK brown, drain plug and filter cap looked as tho it has never been touched. It has been driven about 3-400 miles and has rained in past 3 weeks since i picked it up. Is it possible to look like that and is there any way to prove it?

·
Banned
631 Posts
depends on how long you went on ur last oil change. if your oil was very dirty going in, good chance that there is still sludge build up inside the valve cover etc.

so you need to provide more information on topic here. because you cant assume the dealer tried ripping you off, when maybe you might be to blame .

·
Registered
499 Posts
I don't think you can prove it. Learn how to do it yourself. Easy. Can do without ramps, at least on a Linear and probably an Aero (if not, get a lower waste oil container or plastic pan).

Consider wiping a small portion of oil filter cover (so tape will stick) and put some tape over the oil filter cover as a security tape.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank 4 your replys. michaLcouglin would you mind giving me your opinion on a post i did a few days ago about my H2O pump noise...? Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts