SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
JonV said:
Believe me I've learned the B202 (C900) was a mileage maker and I'm not worried about getting at least 150 if not more out of the SS. I think the Oil topic just generally gets out of hand going to extremes in either direction...we have guys that advocate changing M1 every 3K and others ay up to 18K, guys in the middle like me "(7.5K), guys that insist we can only use M!, guys that use from Royal Purple to Roy Rogers French Fry Oil. Common sense sometimes leaves the room.
Roy Rogers French Fry Oil... Hmmm... got to try that one... :cheesy:
Id be willing to breakdown a junker engine and get it running just to see that one happen.

On a side note didn't they go out of buisness a while back?

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
JMarkert said:
Cosmic, how is the car in question now? Or did you trade it?
I traded it a little over a year ago so some lucky sob got an awesome car. Almost 4 years old with 109,000 and was literally like new. Not a scratch or ding on it and interior was hardly worn.

·
Registered
256 Posts

:cool:

Not too shabby. On average, I changed the oil when the SID reached 30 or 40 percent. These engines can definitely go the distance- it's the suspension and transmission that worry me.

Also, it might be interesting to note that I almost always drive the engine hard after properly warming up.

·
Registered
587 Posts
swa5000, I too keep the revs low until the oil has had a chance to warm up. I think this is the one big piece of advice I can recommend wholeheartedly to anyone interested in a Saab. I have found that the cars acceleration in third gear is phenomenal for passing Civic drivers.

zippy :cheesy:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sent out my oil for UOA last month, results back last week.
Tested at 6500km (instead of 8000-9000) because:
1. I'm the 4th owner (purchased a year ago) with no service history (other than carfax)
2. Purchased from dealer and they did an oil change (doubt they used M1 0W40), M1 0W40 was put in within 200km of purchase.
3. Did the water pump/belt/thermostat/tranny fluid/coolant change (local Saab shop) in July. Found out my coolant was 1cm below low level in November. Freaked me out as I thought it is was a head gasket (also getting excess white smoke in Nov/Dec), but found out the Saab shop did not tighten the coolant hose above the turbo). Coolant level ok now.

Oil analysis shows no antifreeze and low presence of fuel, thank goodness!

I swear I labelled my info as 2.8L V6.....

41 - 45 of 45 Posts