SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to drive up a farm track today that was very high in the centre (stones!). Caught the cat and exhaust and now it's coming up with 'Check Engine' after about two minutes of driving.

Having stuck my head underneath, the cat looks ok, save a bit of scuffing and some grass stuck in it (the car has a 3" downpipe and Koni/Eibach suspension so it's quite low) but haven't had a chance to actually investigate the problem.

Am currently charging the laptop to do a code reading, but I'm off to a work's do tonight so I probably won't be able to read the codes this evening...

I'm thinking it may be the O2 sensor on the downpipe that might have got caught, had a wire ripped out or whatever - I therefore drove it home carefully!

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The old term still applies

Get out and get under:cheesy:

If lucky, you may be able to reaffix the sensor wires..

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah that's what I figured - hopefully it should be easily spottable what the problem is - the fact that it's got a cheap O2 sensor in it anyway probably didn't help, as they need crimping in plus you end up with a lot of extra wiring!

I don't really mind - she got me home (of course!) and I've got a week off so no worries about having to drive to work every day - I was planning on changing the timing chain on my '89 900S as well so it's going to be a Saaby few days (like it wasn't gonna be already!) :roll:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok - read the codes today and cleared them, but it came back up...

Initially - P0130 - O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
Also Knock Sensor on Bank 1 (this hasn't re-appeared yet and I assume it's still to do with the O2 sensor)

After clearing and driving a bit

P0130 again
P1640 - according to TIS - VSS Car failed to start (so not an issue)

I've been underneath - not much damage other than a few scrape marks, but the O2 sensor should be fine as it's out of the way and doesn't appear damaged.

I've ordered another just to make sure, but anyone got any further ideas to check?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do hope not!

The cat looks a little beaten but I think it's ok - the car wasn't down on power which I'd expect from a damaged cat - it looks like the outer casing has been a little bent and bashed but as I say, it was a cheap sensor so it would break more easily I would imagine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts