SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have absolutely loved my new used 2004 9-3 Arc convertible, for almost a year with no problems. I thought to myself , This is an awesome Saab when it comes to reliability. I have had a 1999 9-3 Saab convertible and a 2000 Saab 9-5 that were loaded with problems, both those cars I had sense they were new. They were always in the shop, so much I never paid for an oil change because I would call Saab and complain that the I did not have the car for two weeks often! My Saab 9-5 caught fire in 2006, I credit its fire wall for affording me the time to slow down and get out, I was on the expressway going 65 mph.

Saab is in my heart I could not help but want to give Saab another try. So I bout my 9-3 convertible about a year ago. Really I swear its been a dream until this , oh it had 30,000 miles when I bout it a year ago , now it has around 44k mi.

Anyway the stupid bug bit me, It was raining outside, I wanted some fresh air like a person bit by the stupid bug I put the drivers window down just a bit, well rain water got on the Lock/unlock button and the window switches(not a flood just a stripe of water). Now only the rear right window goes down from the drivers window controls. The passengers window can be controlled via the passengers window switch. The lock/unlock button will not work at all. It was weird tonight I had the driver door open and was able to lock it open, then when I tried to close it the door felt as if something metal was keeping the door from shutting. Oh and the doors can be locked/unlocked via the remote.

Its starting to bring back bad memories of my past Saabs. At least I never had this problem with those because the controls were in the center of the car as opposed to where they can get rain water on them.

Really if this happened because of the rain water, that worries me because its to easy to get rain water on the door, especially with the convertible. I don’t mean to be fussy but the door locks are sort of an important safety/security feature.

Does anyone have any insight ? is this common ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy day , My Saab fixed its self, sorta

Today when I got in my car the lock un-lock worked, and so did the windows but they are all jerky, when using the buttons on the door. If I use the top button to raze or lower the windows there are no problems smooth operation.

Who knows but this sort of reminds me of my other Saabs, but this one can fix its self some! :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
i've never had rainwater hurt any window switches on any vehicles i've had, seems odd unless there was already an existing issue maybe? i would give it a little bit and see if it returns to normal. even if it works but the windows are a little jerky, hey! at least they work right? lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.