SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for the same one Genuine Saab sells here: http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56_58&products_id=212

Unfortunately they are out of stock in the 9-3 model. I currently have a universal Metra kit but it isn't the cleanest looking install. I would love to have the pocket that matches the dash and the correct wiring harness.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm looking for part # 4822235. *Fingers Crossed*

·
Registered
360 Posts
i would recommend looking on crutchfield. i bought my wiring harness from them for my ng900 and it works perfectly. i just had to fab up the din/rca cable so i could have use of my door speakers. i think finding the fill kit is going be a challenge though, i didn't look for one on crutchfield when i bought my harness so they might have one but don't quote me on that lol good luck though i hope you find one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would recommend looking on crutchfield. i bought my wiring harness from them for my ng900 and it works perfectly. i just had to fab up the din/rca cable so i could have use of my door speakers. i think finding the fill kit is going be a challenge though, i didn't look for one on crutchfield when i bought my harness so they might have one but don't quote me on that lol good luck though i hope you find one.
Yeah I have a generic one and it does work. However, the OEM one also hooks into the dimmer switch. I think I'll just buy harness from GS and hopefully someone will turn up with the pocket.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I ordered the 900 version of the pocket. The color doesn't quite match but it's better than those universal kits. The harness didn't actually hook in to the rheostat/dimmer so I'll have to figure out where I'm going to tap in to. I tried the cigarette lighter trim light but that doesn't seem to be working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts