SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was on a Viggen for a short time and is in excellent condition (photo isn't too great, but gives an idea). Has an HKS Bypass Valve attached to it along with the necessary hosing to fit it direct onto a Viggen/OG 9-3 based car. I am not sure about the fitament on T5 based cars, but if it can fit, people with a T5 based 900, I'd imagine since the 900/9-3 parts are interchangeable when it comes to the exhaust/piping type elements could make use of it.

The setup really makes the car breathe far better than stock and with the upgraded bypass valve obviously holds boost exceptionally well by comparison to the stock stuff.

Have sold a few things on here and have had excellent buyers so hopefully this one goes to a great home also!

$300 for it plus shipping/Paypal

l

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Would this work for a 03 93 Arc?
Nope, you will need to look for stuff that works on the 2003 and newer. If you are looking for a downpipe, I just picked up the JT 3 inch downpipe from GenuineSaab. Also bypass valves do not play nicely with our T8's

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct. This is more case specific, unfortunately. I'm sure it could be retrofitted to work on a 2003 Arc, but I am not sure how much of a difference the engine bay layout is between the T7 cars and the 03 T8 car.

This is a delivery pipe and not a downpipe, btw.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Correct. This is more case specific, unfortunately. I'm sure it could be retrofitted to work on a 2003 Arc, but I am not sure how much of a difference the engine bay layout is between the T7 cars and the 03 T8 car.

This is a delivery pipe and not a downpipe, btw.

Thanks!
LOL guess I should read the whole thing before spouting off :lol: thanks for correcting me. But the engine layout is quite different I believe. Our turbos are in the back of the engine bay, if im correct I think yours are up front.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries at all:)!!! Yes, the T7 and older cars all have the turbo located up front and as you mentioned, if a bypass valve doesn't work well for your cars, that would be the first thing I would consider not getting with respect to this delivery pipe I have. The T5-T7 all have a lousy Bosch bypass valve, or at least after using an aftermarket one from HKS/Forge, it seems lousy:))

Thanks and nice car btw!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts