SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have 2 issues.

I recently installed opensid and a stage 1 (sort of) tune on my 9-3 B205R Aero. The car seems to be running fine, no misfire or knock (only 1-2 knoks after a hard pull, but i guess that's normal). I have the max airmass set to 1085 (it's not limited by anything up to this point, no engine or gear torque limiters). However, mReq is only gets to 800-850. ECMS ECMStat.ST_ActiveAirDem shows 42. Don't know what 42 is, could never find any info about. The only thing i could find out is is that 40=LDA request and 41=Min Load - but nothing about 42.

Also second problem : i think i have a boost leak or some other issue. mReq goes to 850 - but mAir only gets to about 650-800 (random, the number differs from time to time). At the same time, i checked the turbo pressure and pdif is also random - one day i got around 1000 (so 1 bar of pressure) another day i got around 650 (so 0.65 bar). What i did so far, in terms of hardware :
- new BPC valve (i had only base boost before changing it, around 0.45 bar)
- tried the evap bolt mod - no improvement (also tested both one way valves, they seem to be fine)
- tried removing the wastegate hose from the BPC - i hit fuel cut immediately and pressure goes up to 1 bar (or even a bit more).
- cleaned the maf and new air filter - no difference
- changed all the small vacuum hoses and replaced them with silicone hoses
- new dic
- new spark plugs (the correct ones, NGK gapped to 0.9)

What i haven't tested : bypass valve (i tried blowing from every side, membrane seems to hold air, not sure if the spring is up to the task), turbo / vacuum valve (the one on the firewall) has not been tested, will try to bypass it soon to see what's what. All hoses seem ok, checked them visually and manually, all of them are properly tight...

I don't get any error codes, Lamb is within normal values and AMUL is currently +30 (after about 80-100 kms drive - hard pulls from time to time).

Is there any cheap way to test for boost leaks? If there's any other data from opensid that will help diagnose the problem?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Check the wastegate setting. The rod could be over extended holding it open or opening very early. Lots of posts about setting base boost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts