SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody ever wondered how to properly lift your 9-3SS. Here it is.
http://home.comcast.net/~schernov/jacking.gif

By the way, a Sears/Craftsman 2 1/4 ton jack clears perfectly fine under a Vector/Aero front chin spoiler, so you can jack the car up using the fron sub-frame.

Then you can just place jack stands in standard jacakpoints "C" and off you go.

A: Centered under the front subframe
B: At the hole of the frong door reinforcement
C: At the jacking points under sill members
D: At the left hand towbar moungting hole or under the towbar if a towbar is mounted.

Do not lift the car under the spare wheel weel or rear axle as this can cause damage.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can somebody FAQ this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread but the FAQ points to this thread but the link above is dead. Does anyone still have a copy of this document and if so, can they host it somewhere?

Barring that, anyone have some pictures of where the jacking points are. I know about the ones near the door sills to jack up one corner but I am looking for spots to jack up the whole front or rear (I want to rotate the tires on my wife's 9-3...).

Thanks,
Anand

·
Super Moderator
20,240 Posts
There should be arrows on the sideskirts (at least there are on mine) that point where the jackpoints are. Should be rectangular boxes under there where the jack is to be placed. If I recall correctly, the rear points are equivalently forward from the rear tires as the front points are from the front tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always use jack stands when I work on cars now :eek:. (For all of you out there who don't use them, I had a car fall off a jack while I was under the car! There was enough clearance (Bronco) and the wheels were on so I didn't get crushed. I need to know where one puts a jack when lifting a 9-3 so the "jack points" can be used for jack stands...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Manual? :cheesy: ! Thanks, jlrdrony. Ironically, the rear mounting points look like the trailer hitch mounting points (which is what I am installing!) All set.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I use hydraulic jacks with large points so i ended up cutting out oak blocks
the size of the hole in the picture about 1 inch high. Now i can do a fast seasonal wheel/tire
change without using the oddball OEM jack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts