SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thats a pretty cool write up, makes me even more interested in a set of FSDs. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have had the FSD's on my last two cars. They do give you a more planted feeling cornering, especially when it is a rough or bumpy surface.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
wish they also did the sport struts set on firm :( make it a better comparison

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
skimmed thru that link and it looks like the subject car is BMW.
As in my original post "Granted this isn't our car, but I am sure the effect would be the same."

Well I am set on the Sport Suspension. I think the times at the track would have been better on the full stiff setting. Screw comfort, I want performance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
As in my original post "Granted this isn't our car, but I am sure the effect would be the same."

Well I am set on the Sport Suspension. I think the times at the track would have been better on the full stiff setting. Screw comfort, I want performance.
Can you provide some details on your certainty that the effect would be the same?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
but also what are they designed for aero springs or stock springs? im sure they work with aero springs, but does anyone know

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
but also what are they designed for aero springs or stock springs? im sure they work with aero springs, but does anyone know
They work with both. The Koni FSD kit was designed to give better handling with a near stock ride height. They also work with lowering springs in the 1"-1.5" drop range. Koni recommends going with Eibach springs as evidence they have FSD+Eibach packages. Note for our cars the Eibach is a 30mm springs which is approx. 1" drop.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice. THanks for the link. Exactly what I'm looking for. More input from others, the better...

.."I have put up with the crash, bang etc of my suspension for the last two years and 30k miles.."

"They’ve now been on the car a week and my 56 mile journey to work is a great test track of conditions and to put it simply: I’m impressed. As they say, “It does exactly what it says on the tin.” When cornering or braking hard I sense no real difference to the sports set up and there is still very little roll or dive. The difference is on bumpy uneven roads, as the car now seems to tip-toe through the bumps like an elephant with slippers on. Don’t get me wrong it’s still firm with 17” wheels and stiff springs, but there is no more being lifted in the air by bumps or crashing into potholes like before. It genuinely does seem to drive like a Morris Marina over the bumps and then like a, well a Saab 9-3 with sports suspension round the corners. Marvelous."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts