SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out more info on an OEM airflow kit, particularly the value. I did an internet search with just the part number and nothing came up, so I thought I would put it out here for any advice, valuations, etc. It is new in box, unopened, so I will post images of the box too. Here is the text on the box:

Saab Airflow Kit
Aerodynamic kit
Art (yes it says "Art" and not "Part") No 116 009 002
Made in Austria
(even still has the German Cargo air waybill sticker on it)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I think this was available in 1988 in North America, if it is the same kit. If so then this only fits that era of 9000.

This must be virtually worthless given that it will only fit such an old car.

The kit consisted of a flow through rear spoiler and "ground effect" skirts. It may Los have had a front lip spoiler. The one I saw in 1988 looked faintly ridiculous on a family car with 160 hp. Remember this was the era of F1 "ground effects" racing cars. No street car of the time could actually develop ground effects.

You would also find the overall drag on the 9000 otherwise excellent aerodynamics would be increased.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Airflow kit

If I were you, I'd open the box (as much as I would hate having to do that) and post a picture of the front bumper. At least that way you'd know if it belongs to a 900 or 9000. If it is for a 900, I would be very interested in buying it.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
from that part number it's for a 9000 I'd guess.

I have two accessory catalogues from 1988 and 1990. The 9000 airflow kit for 1988 North American cars was part number 116 009 507 and for 1990 was 116 100 009. For the 900 the kit was (75)72 15 30 for both model years.

I don't know what the different part number on your box may mean, different year maybe?

Also, be careful as a different airflow kit was made for the CD sedan body.

My iPhone translator suggests "Art" may be short for the German "Artikle" meaning "Article". Just a guess.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Might as well open it up, IMO.

If it is an Airflow kit for original body style 9000s, there are a few old-school 9000 nerds (myself included) that /might/ want it. As far as the value: I'd be shocked if it fetched more than $150-200.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
111 Posts
If it was for a 900, it would be worth gold to many saab enthusiasts, new in the box like that? i'd still say it's amazing you have such a thing, you could probably get a good amount from it. Ebay maybe

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
All the SAAB parts came off the truck with "ART" numbers.
The '88 Turbos would go 140 mph; fast enough for ground effects to work. Very few SAAB owners ever tested their top speed though. Of course, I had to. It was my job to make sure they worked right....

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
My 86 topped out at 220 km/hr(indicated) at 3500 feet and around 50F. Front end began to lift at 200 km/hr.

Euro 9000 were faster but I think 135 mph was absolute top speed for the 2.0 in North American tune, down 15 hp from the Euro engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts