SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I recall the original head unit that integrates with the SID is a clarion and the autochanger upgrade is therefore a clarion also, any specific model?

More importantly has anyone got the genuine set up with the boot autochanger, is it any good?

·
Registered
114 Posts
just bought one off ebay with lead and brackets for £35 inc postage, it is a clarion 628, i think the 634 and 635 also fit, as long as it has a round 13pin connector it will fit.

I was told the Clarion changer was average, apart from that i have no info:confused:

·
Registered
10,326 Posts
ragtopcav said:
More importantly has anyone got the genuine set up with the boot autochanger, is it any good?
Are you asking if anyone has a genuine Saab changer? I used to have one, but they're old enough that shock protection is pretty weak. Any Clarion C-Bus changer will work, and they still make one, so stick with the newest model you can find. They're not as well made these days, but the current model can play CD-RWs and has amazing shock protection. You'll fear for your car's suspension when you get it to skip!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts