SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear i read somewhere that i when i change the instrument cluster i can swap the odometer chip into the new one. I cant seem to find anything on it anymore, is it possible to switch my odometer into the new instrument cluster? I tried switching the whole odometer block but I'm not 100% sure i didnt put the new one back into the new cluster. I'm gonna look around some more in the mean time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it the entire back section that needs swapped or just the odometer part? I had a ded speedo and the new cluster fixed it. I just want to know for sure instead of trying to swap them back being that 3 of the screw tabs are broken 2 on the facia and 1 on the cluster.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
If you swap the the instrument cluster you have 2 choices to maintain the correct mileage:
1. swap out the odometer unit - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0NHQc9CqcaXR1NmWmQ4alpwaUE
2. Make sure the new instrument cluster's odometer unit has a lower mileage reading then yours and then use a Tech II to match the mileage. You can only use a Tech II to increase the mileage not to 'roll back the mileage'

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So let me make sure i got this right. I take off the back, then take out the 2 screws out of the odometer unit, and swap just that? I did that but i must have put the same one back in. For some reason i was thinking it might have to be the whole back part.

As far as the Tech II goes do work for all cars or do i need to find someone with a saab specific one?

·
Registered
18,944 Posts
You swap the whole back section. Just be careful with the little ribbon cable connectors and it's a piece of cake. No tech II needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts