SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked under my engine. The air intake tubes run off the engine. I see 3 tubes with like an air intake valve the same kind attached to the top of the block with the nipple and bushing.

There are 3 or 4 square topped wires that go down...and the wires look split or cracked...what are these wires...

the are directly below the air intake tubes...and lined up like ducks in a row...and i just got the car so will get a manual shortly.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
With enough imagination these could be any wires really. Picture?

Klim

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Giomeister said:
I see 3 tubes with like an air intake valve the same kind attached to the top of the block with the nipple and bushing.
These could be the tubes for the headlight washers.

The rest could be just anything :eek:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
well..i have quite an imagination.. The vacuum hose you're referring to that goes to your block is the line with your PCV valve, or positve crank ventilation. It allows your engine to breath, without being pressurized. NEVER HOOK IT UP BACKWARDS!!! air is to only go AWAY from the valve cover.

Second, the 3 or 4 wires.. would be FOUR wires, and those are the electrical connectors to your fuel injectors, i would imagine.

-=tristan=-

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
tristan_the_trout said:
well..i have quite an imagination.. The vacuum hose you're referring to that goes to your block is the line with your PCV valve, or positve crank ventilation. It allows your engine to breath, without being pressurized. NEVER HOOK IT UP BACKWARDS!!! air is to only go AWAY from the valve cover.

Second, the 3 or 4 wires.. would be FOUR wires, and those are the electrical connectors to your fuel injectors, i would imagine.

-=tristan=-
He's looking UNDER his engine ;)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
What in the dickens is a -square topped wire- and why is there any question as to the actual quantity?

It's not as if there are thousands of these -square topped wires-. So many that it would be a tremendous task to count them all. I think that making a determination as to whether there are 3 or 4 of them would be a good start to identifing what they are.

More importantly though; why do you ask their purpose? Did you just, one day, decide to look -under the engine- (under the hood maybe?), pick out a random group of wires and wonder what they were for?

My conspiracy theory is starting to look better and better.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Impenetrable questions but, then, the thread title is accurate.

My guess is somehow he's looking up at the intake pipes which are connected with rubber flex connections between the intake plenum and the head and right next to those are the fuel injectors which are square and have wires plugged in as well as the fuel connections.
Just because he can only see three doesn't mean anything. However, one is wondering why he wants to know.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
sorry, didn't read the -under- part.. was assuming we were looking from -under the hood- :roll: again, pictures would be of great use here.

-=tristan=-

·
Registered
352 Posts
Maybe he's talking about vacuum lines, the 3 hoses might be for the APC which leads to a unit, with a square connector and wires.

The block inlet and nipple thing sounds like a boost gauge take-off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts