SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an issue again with my car that's got me completely stumped. I was driving around fine about a week ago, then went the the store with some buddies after cruising around for a bit, shut the car off as usual. Come back out of the store 15 to 20 minutes later and try to start the car, but it wouldn't fire, just kept cranking away. We decided to push-start the car (stick-shift car) then as we were limping it home, it started stuttering on the main street. When we hit a stop sign the car stalled out. We were about to push start it again but I decided I would try to crank it over, and the car started right up. We finally got it back home (wasn't even a mile from the store) and it has been parked ever since, unable to start up.

Weird thing was, as we were limping it home the tachometer wasn't working, and the stability and traction control systems failed. Whenever I try cranking it now it tells me those systems have failed. I have a check engine light, and I'm going to try to have that read tomorrow as my buddy has an error code reader.. I was hoping someone on here might have an idea of things to check or try.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
9,377 Posts
pull the fault code,then put a volt meter across the battery see what the voltage is..

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Sounds like an alternator to me. You were probably running off what was left of your battery and it finally died. But all those warnings remind me of when my battery died too, but my car certainly wouldn't keep turning over like your did. Things to check:

1. Battery
2. Alternator
3. Are your friends strong enough to help you start your car all the time.

Also, why has it been a week and this is your first time posting?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I considered the battery... Tried jumping the car, made no difference. the car doesn't hesitate to crank at all, just won't start.

I haven't posted over the past week because I haven't had the desire to deal with the car. I've been having issues left and right since purchasing it, I just need to take a break from it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could be the crankshaft position sensor. I just had to replace that on my older Saab when it would randomly not start.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be the crankshaft position sensor. I just had to replace that on my older Saab when it would randomly not start.
Well, I was able to pull the engine code today, and there were two of them that came up as P0337, Crankshaft Position Sensor... So I'll be ordering one of those now and hopefully get the car moving again. Thanks for the input guys, I'll report back if I have more car issues! (Which will more than likely happen with my luck).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts