SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 9000 CSE Turbo, Auto and am now experiencing a few quirky issues.

1) Rear passenger power windows fail to operate when using the controls on the door panels. They work properly when using the controls in the center console, but not the door panels. Widow locks are off, child safety switch is turned off, but no change. Is it possible that both failed at the same time? Is it more likely that the window lock switch is defective and not switching to the off position? I have checked the fuses and replaced with no change.

2) Automatic door locks/remote key fob does not always function. The signal indicators turn on each time the button is pressed from the fob, however the alarm is not always activated and the doors do not always lock. Trying to listen for the door lock solenoid clicks, sometimes I hear them and other times I do not. If I do not hear them when locking, I can press the door fob again and hear them click to unlock the doors. I have replaced the fuse and even replaced the fuse with a higher amperage fuse. If I let the car sit for a while and come back to it after the engine has cooled, then the locks work properly again. Manually locking the doors works flawlessly.

Any chance either of these problems could be related to the electrical ignition switch? had an issue one month ago where the car failed to start. The vehicle would crank, but not turn over. I replaced the ignition switch and have not had any starting issues ever since. I am now noticing these other issues, but do not know if they were present prior to replacing the switch, since I have only owned the car for two months.

Any help or advice would be great.

Cheers,
Enrique

·
Registered
803 Posts
Try taking apart the switch pack in the center console and cleaning all the connections with a file or some 320 grit sandpaper. They get old and cruddy over time, mostly due to the location being prime coffee spill territory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eletrical Issues - follow-up

Good Suggestion. I will try that. Not being a coffee drinker, I forget that this can happen especially in the center console of the 9000 with its limited space.

I will try this when I get home from the office and will post with my findings.

Cheers,
Enrique

1 - 3 of 3 Posts