SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls,
Since owning my 2006 aero (2.0T uk model) it has made what can only be described as a clicking sound at lower rpm. It is louder with the aircon on, but seems to have no effect on power delivery etc etc.

It isnt the stepping motor for the AC system, or the tappets as it comes from the engine bay somewhere low down, but as yet i havent been able to work out exactly where from ( somewhere down below the drivers side wheel if that helps?)

Anyone else have the same noise? I have seen quite a few aeros and mine seems to be the only one that...... Clicks :p

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
does the sound come/go when you turn off air recirculation?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ah.

Havent tried that - will have a look tomorrow morning ;ol;. If that is the cure then what is the problem?
Does it seem to come from the front Left of the car? I sometimes hear a clicking (I notice it when on the highway). First time I heard it I thought my side marker fell out and was hitting the side of the car. Sounds like a plasticy(??) clicking noise

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Ah.

Havent tried that - will have a look tomorrow morning ;ol;. If that is the cure then what is the problem?
the air recirculation motor has plastic gears that tend to wear down over time. a replacement motor or gears will fix the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick update - i have tried turning the re-circ on and off but the noise is still present. It almost sounds like somebody dragging a stick across some cobble stones/ gravel (bit of a random description, but hey!). I literally have no idea what it could be, as it certainly isnt the tappets etc :S Ill see if i can post a video of the noise at some point.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
the air recirculation motor has plastic gears that tend to wear down over time. a replacement motor or gears will fix the problem.
This, if you take the interior panels off of the driver side center consle you will see it, it's a little white gear with a shaft attacthed to it, it makes that noise cause the gear is worn.

i haven't replaced mine cause i couldn't find the gear by it'self if anyone know where it'd be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont think its to do with the re-circ as i cant hear the clicking in the cabin, only from the outside. As soon as i get a chance (and it usnt raining) ill get a video up of it and that will hopefully shed some light on it.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Out side is it coming from the engine bay? if it is that mean you have detination, also know as a tick, the easiest way to explain it is your engine's not burning all the fuel completely and the end result is you get a slight tick (very small explosions) , it's not a good thing as if left alone it could cause major damage check all your spark plugs make sure they are not burn if they are replace them and you should be fine. If the tick persists take it to get a dianostic. It's not an uncommon things for all cars to do, good way to avoid it, use higher octane fuel (like your suppose to) and do regular maintinance IE spark plugs old changes filter cleaning and changing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts