SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since upgrading to the Saab Sport exhaust a month or so ago, I am getting occasional backfiring in the exhaust (not intake). It is very rare (maybe once a day during normal commute) and isn't extremely loud (not a gunshot "bang" - more muffled than that) so it doesn't sound like it will damage anything.

1. Is this normal? If not, what's the fix?
2. Will it do any harm to my exhaust system?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
This is pretty common on the t5 cars when modified. They overfuel a little. I was able to make my 99 do it nearly on command. :) I would not worry about it. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK - I'll rest easier.

By the way: I LOVE the 6-pt subframe brace...that's been my favorite upgrade (once I figured out how to get it on). Some changes you kind of "think" you can detect a change - but this thing is a dramatic improvement on a vert. The car tracks and corners like it's on rails now. The 17" wheels and rear ARB helped, but this tied everything together - literally. It also all be eliminated torque steer - don't know why, but it did. I guess the rack clamp/brace is next, but I won't expect this big of an improvement.

Now if I can just get my random max boost issue worked out (see other post about possible sticky MBC+A).

·
Registered
771 Posts
sejman said:
OK - I'll rest easier.

By the way: I LOVE the 6-pt subframe brace...that's been my favorite upgrade (once I figured out how to get it on). Some changes you kind of "think" you can detect a change - but this thing is a dramatic improvement on a vert. The car tracks and corners like it's on rails now. The 17" wheels and rear ARB helped, but this tied everything together - literally. It also all be eliminated torque steer - don't know why, but it did. I guess the rack clamp/brace is next, but I won't expect this big of an improvement.

Now if I can just get my random max boost issue worked out (see other post about possible sticky MBC+A).
the clamp actually imo is one of the best steering upgrades

i have a 6-point brace in some form lol (not exactly 6 points), and alot of other chasis stiffenin, but the clamp gives you feedback through the steering wheel again, something much missed after my 914

now if only i could get rid of abs lol

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
NickTaliaferro said:
This is pretty common on the t5 cars when modified. They overfuel a little. I was able to make my 99 do it nearly on command. :) I would not worry about it. :)
So what can I do to get my T7 to do it? ;)

·
Registered
933 Posts
He didn't say shoot flames Mr. Sleeper, just a wee back fire. My car does it every now and again too. Now after hearing what Nick said I no longer will be worried about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts