SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find the tool so I can read the codes from my 1994 900se 2.5 but can't find one that will work with a pre 1996 model. Anyone come across this problem and if so please do tell where I can find one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I called the dealer and low and behold he was helpful in that it is a ODB1 and is located under the sterring wheel. Now if I could just find an inexpensive scanner I would be OK.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Obd I

Turn the ignition to the ON position but not running, and then ground pin 6 (this is the third one in from the right, top row) for 0.5 to 4.0 seconds. The CE light will turn on for a few seconds.Then it will blink the first digit of the code, pause a bit, then blink the second digit of the code, then stay on for a few seconds, then go out. I hope that makes sense. The codes are (for Motronic 2.10.2):

11 Secondary Air injection relay
12 No Fault
21 Mass air flow sensor
41 Coolent temp sensor
51 Throttle position sensor
61 Oxygen sensor
72 Adaptation, long time
73 Adaptation, short time
81 EVAP canister purge valve
91 Control module fault (RAM)
92 Control module fault (ROM)

long flash and then short flashes. count each of the short flashes. two in sequence is one code. there may be additional codes
Good Luck!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is excellent. I have been looking for this. Someone suggested it but I could not find out exactly which pins to jump or ground. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Eric in Lockport said:
Turn the ignition to the ON position but not running, and then ground pin 6 (this is the third one in from the right, top row) for 0.5 to 4.0 seconds. The CE light will turn on for a few seconds.Then it will blink the first digit of the code, pause a bit, then blink the second digit of the code, then stay on for a few seconds, then go out. I hope that makes sense. The codes are (for Motronic 2.10.2):

11 Secondary Air injection relay
12 No Fault
21 Mass air flow sensor
41 Coolent temp sensor
51 Throttle position sensor
61 Oxygen sensor
72 Adaptation, long time
73 Adaptation, short time
81 EVAP canister purge valve
91 Control module fault (RAM)
92 Control module fault (ROM)

long flash and then short flashes. count each of the short flashes. two in sequence is one code. there may be additional codes
Good Luck!
I know its an old post but, how do I ground pin 6?

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can someone tell me (I'm not an electronics guy) how to "ground pin 6?"

Is it as simple as connecting a wire from pin 6 to ground on the chassis or battery?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
badgerking said:
Can someone tell me (I'm not an electronics guy) how to "ground pin 6?"

Is it as simple as connecting a wire from pin 6 to ground on the chassis or battery?

Thanks.
Yup - just connect a wire from pin 6 to a chassis ground...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts