SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, quick question: where is the jack for an OBD II to plug in. My wife is at the local Checker Auto Parts and the teenage employee is insisting that it is somewhere on the steering wheel column but "he can't plug it in, she has to do it." It's a 2000 9-5 SE wagon. I'm at work ready to research the codes and finding this all a little weird. Got a picture I can fax to Mr. Handsoffassistance?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will pass it on or do it myself!

·
Registered
312 Posts
MIKE AERO HOT said:
No pic but from what i remember it is under the steering column, think you have to undo a flap to gain access. They will find it:cheesy:
and the flap says DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR...they have to be almost blind not to find it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"almost blind" is exactly correct. My 8 month pregnant wife found it when the "tech" guy couldn't. He ended up giving the OBD to my wife and she got it to work while he went to help someone with windshield wipers. He was suitably agog at the location of the ignition though. Got my code: P1925 and happily (or not) someone is having the same prob on another thread and I got the diagnosis there. Hooray! Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts