SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my car was running fine. I was running a few errands, and when I got back to my car to return home, the car wouldn't start. The engine would turn over, lights/radio/etc. would come on, but the car wouldn't start (original battery was replaced one year ago). Had it jumped by AAA, it started right up.

The car ran in limp mode on the way home, and now I had the CEL on. This morning I checked the diagnostic code and it came up with "P0601 internal control module memory checksum error". Anyone ever come across this?

I just had the car at the dealer not 2 weeks ago to check for a leak in A/C system. They couldn't find one, and just recharged the system. Not that one has anything to do with the other, just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just had the same thing happen to me this week. :cry: I had the error reset by an independant shop only to have it come back in a couple of days... I was told by the independant shop that they could replace the unit but they were not going to be able to program it so it means a trip to the dealership in limp home mode. Was your issue resolved? What was the cost?

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
WIS has nothing to add on this:
"Control Module: Internal fault."

Pretty much all it says.

Advises this is a "ROM error" and one should pursue typical troubleshooting when changing or adding an electronic module.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
We have had pretty good luck simply re-flashing those with ROM errors using the latest factory software. Lots cheaper for the customers.

BTW if you just bolt a new ECU in the car will not start. it has to be added before it will crank and run. This takes the factory Tech2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last night my car was running fine. I was running a few errands, and when I got back to my car to return home, the car wouldn't start. The engine would turn over, lights/radio/etc. would come on, but the car wouldn't start (original battery was replaced one year ago). Had it jumped by AAA, it started right up.

The car ran in limp mode on the way home, and now I had the CEL on. This morning I checked the diagnostic code and it came up with "P0601 internal control module memory checksum error". Anyone ever come across this?

I just had the car at the dealer not 2 weeks ago to check for a leak in A/C system. They couldn't find one, and just recharged the system. Not that one has anything to do with the other, just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks
Ey! I know it's been a long time, but did you find a way to go trough your problem? I have the same issue on my saab 93 2005!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts