SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a wideband kit and was baffled as to where I should have to shop weld the bung to. I know it needs to be at least 18 to 24 inches from turbo and 10 to 15 degrees so condensation doesn't build up. Can people let me know of a good convenient location with possibly pictures?

Thank you very much!

·
Super Moderator
9,615 Posts
Between the turbo and cat.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
It's almost impossible to see, also the cat is only a foot away from the turbo so your gonna literally mount it right in front of the cat about 8" from the turbo...
Unless you get a DP that delete's that cat.

You see the downpipe takes a hard 90 degree angle off the turbo and the cat is right there before it bends to go under the car. It's self explanatory (spellcheck) and will be impossible to do with the downpipe on the car

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Won't that foul up the sensor very quickly?
Nope, if that was the case then the factory narrow band sensor that's only 3" from the turbo would foul up too wouldn't it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair enough. :cheesy: is the downpipe a pain to take off the car and will I need any new gaskets when I put it back or can factory gaskets be reused? Thank you so much for the help!

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Fair enough. :cheesy: is the downpipe a pain to take off the car and will I need any new gaskets when I put it back or can factory gaskets be reused? Thank you so much for the help!
For a first timer, it is an absolute pain. The gasket should be fine but access to the bolts is very tough and wiggling it out such a tight space is annoying. Search here i'm sure there are a few diy's

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I use the existing bung and just use the 1v output from the Wideband to wire into my ecu? Or is that too hard in our car

·
Super Moderator
9,615 Posts
Can I use the existing bung and just use the 1v output from the Wideband to wire into my ecu? Or is that too hard in our car
huh? what are you trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was told that there is a 1v wire that my aem uego Wideband has. Rather than adding a new bung to my exhaust can I just remove one of my existing o2 sensors and put the Wideband in place and have a 1v wire goto ecu for so the ecu can adjust the fuel and the 5v wire go to the air/fuel guage.

·
Super Moderator
9,615 Posts
I was told that there is a 1v wire that my aem uego Wideband has. Rather than adding a new bung to my exhaust can I just remove one of my existing o2 sensors and put the Wideband in place and have a 1v wire goto ecu for so the ecu can adjust the fuel and the 5v wire go to the air/fuel guage.
Ah I see. That may be possible, but somehow I doubt it due to the very specific nature of T8. These guys are talking about using it with T5, so if it doesn't work with T5, highly doubt it will work with T8.

http://www.saablink.net/forum/performance-modifications-9000/45412.htm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts