SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi brand new owner of a 05 arc (well soon to be waitin for it to be transported over from upstate) and I been lurking for a few months I seen alot of NYC members pic that bought from Bayside (same place I just bought my ARC from) Lyle helped me out with the sale (great guy imo!!)

so im just wondering how many people are in nyc

sorry if this is posted in the wrong place

Kevin

·
Registered
45 Posts
i am within the area. used to work downtown (160 Water Street). might be heading back pretty soon.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Welcome Kevin,

I am from NYC as well. Well technically I live in Pittsburgh now, since I was reassigned for a 2-3 year project in the area... But you'll find me in the city one or two weekends a month. I just couldn't let that rent controlled apartment in the upper east side go! Enjoy your car and let us know what you're up to as far as mods, etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
welcome!
i live right acros the river but work in midtown (48th and park ave). BUt i'm always here in the city on the weekends anyways.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome!I live over by ozone park but my fiance lives over in bayside..

maybe if we have enough NY members or ppl willing to drive for a bbq meet or something:D one day

·
Registered
885 Posts
I live a few blocks from Bayside Saab.

there are 5-6 Saabs that park in the area on a regular basis.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Melovesha said:
I live a few blocks from Bayside Saab.

there are 5-6 Saabs that park in the area on a regular basis.
Good 'ole Bell Blvd?

I am in Flushing.

I bought my car from Angelo who back in '03 was a saleman. I think he's now a manager.

Maybe we can all meet up at Slate and shoot some pool or something. Then after we can cruise "Franny Lew" (what a site that would be with 6 or 7 9-3's :)).

Naaahhh .. bbq sounds better! :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
JNGold said:
Good 'ole Bell Blvd?

I bought my car from Angelo who back in '03 was a saleman. I think he's now a manager.
We met with Angelo one time when we were looking for the newer 9-3... didn't buy from them. He really did seem like a nice guy though.

and yeah, I guess there are some peeps who use their Saabs to commute to the LIRR.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Long Island here...

Bought at Garden City Saab...Steven Gade...best salesman hands down

·
Registered
230 Posts
A meet sounds good to me. Lemme know. I used to always go to Slate and shoot pool. Im up for a BBQ anytime, but the Franny Lew thing is not happenin JN hahahaha

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used to be around Queens, but now I live in Fort Lee, NJ about 10 mins away from NYC.

Any of you guys have your window tint done in this area?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
DT_saab said:
I used to be around Queens, but now I live in Fort Lee, NJ about 10 mins away from NYC.

Any of you guys have your window tint done in this area?
Yep, Big A Auto Detailing. Did a great job with the tints and did the felt strips perfectly.

153-18 Northern Blvd
Flushing, NY 11354

Speak to Andrew and tell him Jerry sent ya.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JNGold said:
Yep, Big A Auto Detailing. Did a great job with the tints and did the felt strips perfectly.

153-18 Northern Blvd
Flushing, NY 11354

Speak to Andrew and tell him Jerry sent ya.

umm what are felt strips?

and how much did you pay for tints?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The felt strips are necessary to prevent scratching of the tints. Apparently, the hard plastic on the inner window and the proximity of the window to the plastic causes the scratches. Felt strips placed on the inner window lining will prevent the scratches.

Several brands of cars are affected by this, most notably some models of MB.

BTW, I think I paid $400 for all windows. The extra amount was for the work involved in having to place the felt strips on. Definately well worth the money, especially since I had attempted 3x to have it tinted without the strips.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts