SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other 9-5ers up to going to go to the Nurburgring weekend of the 17th/18th September, please add your names to the thread in Saab Events.

My wife has kindly given permission as she will have the equivalent weekend in a health spa :eek: .

It would be good to meet you and see your machines, especially in such surroundings.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oh that sounds like sooo much fun, that's one of my favorite tracks... If only I lived a little closer.:cry:

Can you post some pictures from the trip.

Regards,

Peter

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D will do. Thought you were saying you were going then, until I saw your location ...

Come on guys, £120 return eurotunnel fare, petrol/diesel, B&B, x number of laps on the ring.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
xalfa said:
:D will do. Thought you were saying you were going then, until I saw your location ...

Come on guys, £120 return eurotunnel fare, petrol/diesel, B&B, x number of laps on the ring.

Yeah I really wish I could. Some day I will visit that track. I have read many great articles in EC on Nurburgring. It's too bad there isn't a track like Nurburgring here in the States.

Well have fun and be safe, from what I have read crashes are very frequent and you have to watch out for all the other speed lovers.

I look forward to your pictures, good luck.:)

Peter

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
some great looking cars in those pics.

5 lap ticket £42
6 lap ticket £57
1 lap ticket £10.48

B&B £20 - £30 per night for Fri/Sat nights.

Drive up late on Friday night, arrive early hours Saturday, sleep in ready for the opening in the afternoon.

Stay over Saturday night.

Another round of laps then head home Sunday night.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
xalfa said:
:eek: No interest from the 9-5 big guns Chris, Kermit and Finn?
No sorry...................

xalfa said:
My wife has kindly given permission as she will have the equivalent weekend in a health spa :eek: .
I had a better offer from your wife :cheesy:

xalfa said:
then head home Sunday night.
What time will you be back ;)

(Joke honest..............sorry :p )

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
If i was gonna do the Nurburgring i'd insist on a manual gearbox for the driving experience. My auto is fine for town work, but uninspiring for track work. :(

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
xalfa said:
you could install a dummy gearstick .... :lol: .
My wife's clio has one of those :evil: 4th gear pull away no problem :eek:

G

·
I was very lucky and fortunate to have a drive on the ring a few years back :cheesy: Alas I can't afford the time this year. But I hope that anyone that goes has a great time like I did. Watch the bloody motorbikes :cry: and the ring Taxis :x

·
Registered
431 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
No sorry...................

I had a better offer from your wife :cheesy:

What time will you be back ;)

(Joke honest..............sorry :p )
:cheesy: dark humour is the best. or so xalfa is hoping its humour;)

It sounds like an interesting trip though xalfa and you can tell your wife to leave the cossies at home as the germans dont do cossies !
"Au natural ;) " in the leisure centres - well certainly in Cologne, and ive heard in most other areas

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting enough for you to participate thedriver?

dark humour is the best :cheesy: , better still, is when it's a little close to the bone.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chris, you don't have to worry about what time I'll be back from what I've heard.

My wife has told me that you'll be in and out before she's finished yawning ... :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
xalfa said:
Chris, you don't have to worry about what time I'll be back from what I've heard.

My wife has told me that you'll be in and out before she's finished yawning ... :cheesy:
Wessy promised he wouldnt tell ;oops: ;oops:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finn said:
I was very lucky and fortunate to have a drive on the ring a few years back :cheesy: Alas I can't afford the time this year. But I hope that anyone that goes has a great time like I did. Watch the bloody motorbikes :cry: and the ring Taxis :x
Were you in the 9-5 Finn when you did that? If you were how did the car handle?

Did you take it easy, or were you pushing it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts