SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ah, gotcha… a broad bus problem. That makes sense! Definitely not the common "broke *** range sensor" problem. :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I don't think bypassing it is an issue. In the several decades before the 90's people that drove automatic transmission cars with no NSS, I don't recall a single case of someone trying to start an automatic in gear.
I had a job at a garage in High Schoo('82 - '84), mainly as a Petrolium Transfer Engineer and part time Mechanic. One day my boss told me to fire up a late 60's early 70's pickup to line it up on the lift and get it in the air. It had a bad NSS and I didn't notice it was still in drive. When I started it, it lurched forward towards his Snap On (very large) tool boxes. I stood on those brakes and shut it down just in time. Lesson learned, thank god not the hard way.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Stranger Danger was big in the '80s, thankfully. I think it was Sargent McGruff back then who warned us(I still watch cartoons). Thank you Mrs. First Lady Reagan. I still hear stories but don't see the trucks. You know how it goes, so-and-so owes the Snap-On guy 10g's, etc.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts