SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still trying to determine the cause of my problem even though I will not see it again until late spring. When it is hot (over 95 F/35 C) and one of two scenarios:
1. extended periods in heavy traffic (more than 30 minutes)
2. Highway speeds for 20 or so miles then park for 30-60 minutes
I lose most of the boost, get a slight miss / hesitation and the engine sounds strained. The smooth delivery of power that I love with the occasional downshift becomes a 4 cyl thrashing and struggling to deliver and the delivery is mediocre. In other words my athlete becomes a slug.

I have seen this described in a few previous posts, but there was no resolution. My car is an 06 with Sport package, aka Aero 2.3T with 260 HP. It has 15K miles, gets ONLY name brand premium fuel, the plugs are clean, it has had regular Techron, and so on. This is NOT a fuel problem as in "bad" gas. As it only happens when things are really hot under the hood/bonnet, I suspect some sort of sensor is flaking at high temps. Also the throttle body is spotless. OK folks, what is the problem with my baby?
The dealer says that performance of turbos in hot weather is reduced. Gee, my 87 Volvo, 90 Scirocco (supercharged), 95 9K, 99 9-3, and 06 9-3 SC do not have this issue. (A pox on the service rep for that!)

Any and all comments are encouraged!

Thanks,

cliffer

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
The dealer is dumb, tell them to have a look at the Crankshaft Position sensor or the Direct Ignition cassette. Having an '06 would make these rare failures, however, there is such thing as a lemon part. Give it a shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts