SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new clutch, but doesn't go into gear

i just bought and install a new clutch and slave cylinder, i drove it for about 2 blocks, then it just fell out of gear, now i can't put it into gear, shifter works fine, but nothing happens when it is in gear, im so confused...any help would be amazing... ps im a real mechanic dumber, so be gentle

·
Registered
210 Posts
yeah they ar kinda trickky to bleed, the easiest way is to get a container filled maybe half way with brake fluid. then attatch a hose to the slave cylinder bleeder valve. then loosen the valve. then pump away, make sure not to let the brake fluid in the resevore get low. once you fell something that feels like resistence tighten the bleeder valve and pray it worked. lol just kidding about that prayingpart. if that doenst work maybe u didnt tighten something correctly on the new clutch. good luck hope i was helpful

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just installed a clutch and slave cylinder and now my car doesn't move at all.
the car will start without pushing in the clutch, and it seems like the car isn't in gear.... i have bled the system properlyand have other clue what it could be...HELP!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had a similar problem with my 90 spg. The car was not going into gear unless i ripped it into gear. But after a day of that the shifter wouldn't go into any gear just stuck in neutral in every position. So I took a guess and replaced the clutch master, it resulted in perfection. The car felt like new and with perfect clutch operation. Just make sure you bleed it correctly.;);)

·
Registered
51 Posts
pressure bleed the hydraulic system with an adaptor to fit the brake fluid resevoir and loosen the bleeder at the slave cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts